Re: checking out cayenne

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 11:16:42 EDT

    Hi Ittay,

    Using pessimistic locking (aka SELECT FOR UPDATE) is not supported by
    object queries (SelectQuery). I guess the historical reason being a
    general philosophy of "DataContext is disconnected and can span
    multiple requests". Optimistic locking is a preferred way of doing
    things by most users (Cayenne still uses FOR UPDATE internally in
    certain cases, like PK generation and BLOB updates, but that's all
    hidden from the API).

    You can still do "FOR UPDATE" via SQLTemplate query.

    Finally, if you have cases where such locking is important, definitely
    feel free to open a feature request showing a scenario -
    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/bugs-features.html

    Andrus