Re: Cayenne Error

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 10:04:16 EDT

    Hi Sarvesh,

    > Does this mean that it expects the other xml files to be in the
    > classpath, that is the map.xml and the driver.xml? If so then I have
    > tried that out too and also put the driver jar in the classpath.
    > Could anymore please help me out.

    Yes, in standalone applications Cayenne XML files must be accessible
    via CLASSPATH (at least this is the default situation). Looks like
    cayenne.xml file is located properly, however two other files
    (RoleResource.map.xml and Pointbase.driver.xml) are not. Generally if
    you put all three files in the "root" of the CLASSPATH, Cayenne just
    works.

    But you are saying you've tried that already... Could you provide some
    details please? Where exactly you store those three files? What is the
    CLASSPATH used? Also before throwing this exception, Cayenne prints
    some startup info. Analyzing that might be helpful too (if it is not
    printed, you can set a higher log level programmatically before loading
    stuff in Cayenne, e.g.: "Configuration.setLoggingLevel(Level.WARN)").

    And finally for your evaluation I recommend upgrading to the latest 1.1
    Beta 2. Cayenne 1.1 is so much nicer, and I consider Beta 2 to be
    fairly stable.

    Andrus