Re: postgres PK serial column insert error

From: Scott Ellsworth (scot..lodar.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 17:19:16 EDT

    Hi, Mike.

    On Aug 2, 2004, at 2:06 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > I added such a mechanism for OpenBase. I just copied and modified the
    > existing Oracle sequencing code.

    My last letter appears to be in error, if Cayenne already has Oracle
    support. This would be half the battle for me.

    Could you float a documentation ref my way on how to use an Oracle
    sequence to drive pk generation?

    (We use this for exactly the reason you mention - some people use
    Access, others use C#, and basing it all of oracle sequences means that
    every method works.)

    Scott