Re: postgres PK serial column insert error

From: Eric Schneider (eri..entralparksoftware.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 09:15:38 EDT

    Well, it's quite possible. The last time I used Cayenne with Oracle
    the "PK Generation" section wasn't even in the modeler. I'm pretty
    sure that is how it worked back then.

    Tho, I just noticed that if I change the adaptor to Oracle with one of
    my current models and "generate database schema" it tries to create
    oracle sequences for each table.....and this is without asking the
    modeler to use a custom sequence.

    I'd actually have to test this to make sure. Unfortunately, I don't
    have an Oracle instance to fart around with right now.

    e.