[off topic] XMLGUI

From: Jonathan Carlson (Jonathan.Carlso..atun.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 16:28:25 EDT

    I ran across another unheralded, yet possibly complementary open-source project that reminded me of Cayenne partly because it has a really cool GUI like Cayenne does, but few have heard of it.

    http://xmlgui.tigris.org

    Granted, I haven't done anything real with this tool so maybe it's not what it seems to be, but a few months ago I downloaded it and played with it a little. I was wondering if somehow DataViews could be integrated so they wouldn't be so abstract and difficult to understand.

    Having the GUI power of building an ORM layer and the GUI power of building a Swing App that is Cayenne DataView aware would be really cool.

    Too bad I'm just a visionary with little time to actually help integrate anything like that. :-)

    Jonathan

    the system manager.

    Katun Corporation -- Celebrating 25 Years of Service
    www.katun.com