Re: SQLTemplate with addPrefetch?

From: Twan Kogels (twa..wansoft.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 03:15:39 EDT

    At 15:55 25-8-2004, you wrote:
    >On Aug 25, 2004, at 10:07, Twan Kogels wrote:
    >
    >>What a coincidence, i thought i was one of the very few using postgis ;-)
    >>Your also using mapserver?
    >
    >No, I am using OpenMap.

    I looked at openmap a couple years ago and wasn't really impressed, but i
    just looked at the openmap website and a lot of things have changed (to the
    good ofcourse). I'll put a shortcut to openmap on my desktop for further
    research.

    >It was just a test-project to try out the combination of postgis, cayenne
    >and OpenMap and to learn some basic mapping. I am trying to use ogr2ogr to
    >load S-57 (electroic charts) into an postgis database and use cayenne and
    >OpenMap to display the data according to S-52 (standard for displaying
    >electronic charts). It is way to much work for a test-project and I think
    >I am a bit stuck in a performance hole... :) As you understand, I had to
    >much time this summer..

    Looks like a interesting project. At the current project i only use postgis
    for a simple task like getting all the intersting places around a zipcode,
    leaving the places which are too far away off the list.

    >I am glad Andrus was able to locate and fix the bug in PrefetchHelper.

    I agree with that :-)

    Cheers,
    Twan