Re: [off topic] XMLGUI

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 13:55:53 EDT

    Yeah, DataViews is the way to integrate Cayenne with "traditional"
    Swing programming. It is "view", and should ideally be distributed
    separately from Cayenne. Still, as DVModeler and dataview package are
    totally Cayenne dependent it makes sense to keep it somewhere close.

    My heart is also with a JStaple-like solution. [Stay tuned for my
    article that explains exactly what's wrong with Swing and shows a
    blueprint for JStaple.] JStaple component design is conceptually close
    to Tapestry (no matter what Howard says that Tapestry itself is like
    traditional Swing ;-)), and is planned as a generic solution for Swing.

    Andrus