Left joins

From: Lindsay Steele (lsteel..inet.net.au)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 22:54:20 EDT

All the other stuff is now working well .. thanks for all the help.

I have searched the mailing list archives on gmane and can't seem to
find and answer for this one. Gmane is doing strange
things with my searches too ... are there any other searchable archives
of the mailing list ??

I am just wondering if there is anything like a left join.

I am using the following line.

"call.getToExtension().getToDepartment().getDepartmentName()"

The extension does not exist .. but that is ok - I still want to return
the record.

It would be good if it simply returns null ... but it throws and
exception that it cannot find the object.

Is there another way to do this or should I just wrap some exception
code around it and deal with it.

Thanks,

            Lindsay