Is it OK to model multiple relationships to the same table?

From: Gentry, Michael (michael_gentr..anniemae.com)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 12:57:17 EDT

    I have a Transaction table which has a to-one relationship
    (preliminarySubmissionTerms) to a TransactionTerms table. It also has a
    to-one relationship (finalSubmissionTerms) to the TransactionTerms
    table.

    I get an error in the modeler because I can't add the return
    relationship (transaction) in the second relationship because the name
    conflicts (for obvious reasons). If I leave it empty in the second
    relationship I get a warning saying "DbRelationship has no joins."

    I could call the return relationships different names, but if I'm ever
    at a TransactionTerm, I'd hate to have to know if I was preliminary or
    final to call the "correct" method to get the Transaction.

    If that was confusing ...

    Transaction
      <-> TransactionTerms (preliminarySubmissionTerms)
      <-> TransactionTerms (finalSubmissionTerms)

    Thanks,

    /dev/mrg

    PS. I know the return relationship is modeled as a to-many, but it's
    only ever used as a to-one in this case.