Re: Cayenne and Spring framework?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 11:38:03 EDT

    Hi Joris,

    The topic of integration with Spring came up a few times on this list.
    I always agreed that Spring IoC part is a good general architectural
    solution for J2EE apps, steering projects away from some bad practices.
    Also Cayenne can of course be used with Spring in its current form.
    Anyone else could comment on that? ...I remember some folks were doing
    exactly that.

    In the next release (1.2) integration with Spring is on the top of my
    new feature list. As Cayenne does its own access stack management, I
    think we need less "integration" than say classic DAO (and probably
    Hibernate too). I still need to do a full research on what needs to be
    done. Of course a DataContext factory is one (easy) thing, another one
    is wrapping exceptions in Spring DAO exceptions. What else?

    Andrus