RE: HSQLDB standalone in webapp?

From: Gentry, Michael (michael_gentr..anniemae.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 10:18:15 EDT

    Would you believe I was just looking into that over the weekend?
    Substitute Tomcat for Jetty, though.

    The solution I initially came up with -- and their might be a better way
    -- is to add some <property> tags in the .application file to specify
    the path/etc (basically, any custom configuration key/value pairs).
    Then you can read the property and set the connection dictionary/etc.

    I was going to post the Tapestry-specific code bits to the tapestry-user
    mailing list, but I can include it here, too, if anyone else is
    interested. I haven't gotten to the point yet of setting the connection
    dictionary, but that's pretty easy once you have the values.

    /dev/mrg

    PS. I'm also leaning towards running HSQLDB in server mode from within
    the Tapestry application, so I can still access it (the database) while
    the application is running. Just a thought for you.