Re: DataContext XML serialization

From: Kevin J. Menard, Jr. (nirvdru..egativetwenty.net)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 09:49:18 EST

    Hi Pepe,

    On 12/7/04 6:54 AM, "Pepe Perez" <pepepere..america.com> wrote:

    > 1) Is that possible at all?
    > 2) I understand that the XML serialization part is out of scope for
    cayenne,
    > so what would you use for it? XMLBeans, JSX, ...

    I'm actually working on adding serializing cayenne objects to XML right
    now. I don't know if what you're looking to do with it will work
    though. You can try java.beans.XMLEncoder and java.beans.XMLDecoder,
    but the javadocs say that these are only for archiving and that you
    should continue to use binary serialization for remote execution stuff.

    Hope that helps somewhat.

    --
    Kevin