DataContext XML serialization

From: Pepe Perez (pepepere..america.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 06:54:30 EST

    Hi,

    From the TSS article:

    | DataContext is "disconnected" and uses Cayenne
    | runtime for connectivity, [...]
    | DataContext is serializable, together with all
    | its objects, and can span multiple transactions.

    I got the need of serializing a DataContext in XML, send it to a client that
    understands the format of a WebRowSet, modify it there, send it back,
    reconstruct it in object form and apply the changes to the database.

    1) Is that possible at all?
    2) I understand that the XML serialization part is out of scope for cayenne,
    so what would you use for it? XMLBeans, JSX, ...

    Thanks in advance from a newbie,

    Pepe Pérez.