Re: Cayenne for SIM-like game

From: Sax (sanxion200..ahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 18:48:07 EST

    Mike wrote:
    > Actually, I guess there's two situations:
    > 1) "server app" which has all datacontexts
    > in memory for all players, and thus all objects
    > are shared in which the above is true.

    This is the case. Are there any drawbacks to this?
    E.g. that datacontexts use much memory?

    There are multiple cities and each City has a
    container for the Player(s) within it. If the City is
    loaded in a DataContext can the Player have it's own?
    I thought a DataObject could not be shared across
    DataContexts?

    Is this an option? Load all objects with a main
    DataContext. When an object is required for editing it
    is unregistered. When the fields have been updated
    register it back to the DataContext and commit
    changes.

    Regards,
    Dave

    http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250