Re: Cayenne Modeler Thoughts

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 17:09:16 EST

    >> Something else I noticed... the modeler window seems designed for
    >> someone with a very small screen, I think it would be nice if more
    >> data was displayed per-tab, having both the attributes and
    >> relationships displayed together would be nice.

    Good point - I am not taking advantage of my new 20" beautiful Mac flat
    screen. We need to do something about it ;-)

    Seriously, I was planning to redesign this in 1.2, maybe similar to
    Apple's EOModeler, with attributes and relationships dislayed in the same
    panel split horizontally. And also I was thinking to allow users to hide
    less used columns from the table, and for everything else have a pop up
    inspector, so that people could unclutter the view if they want to.

    As Modeler changes usually go in late in the release cycle (to better
    address all backend changes), so it'll be some time till thisis
    implemented.

    Andrus