RE: PK generation with rich clients ...

From: Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\) ("Gentry,)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 10:50:58 EST

    This shouldn't be a problem. Cayenne caches blocks of primary keys by default (I think 20 at a time -- this would be a cache of 20 for each table at a time). This will reduce the load on the DB when doing inserts. You can set this parameter yourself, if needed. See the documentation for org.objectstyle.cayenne.dba.JdbcPkGenerator.setPkCacheSize(int size) for more information.

    http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/api/cayenne/org/objectstyle/cayenne/dba/JdbcPkGenerator.html

    Note that your actual implementation is probably one of the subclasses.

    /dev/mrg