[ANN] Bookmarker 0.2

From: Kevin Menard (nirvdru..egativetwenty.net)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 18:33:09 EST

    Hi,

    Over the past few months as I've had time I've been working on a
    program that manages bookmarks. True, the idea is rather simplistic,
    but I've found it very useful (since it'll provide the bookmarks as a
    Live Bookmarks feed for FireFox). Furthermore, the project's been a
    nice one to get my feet wet with Tapestry and Cayenne. I didn't
    really want to spam the lists with it, but I really think the code
    here would be beneficial as an example of how (or how not) to do
    things.

    The code integrates a lot of little things I've picked up from the
    list and should serve as an example to anyone that wants to:

    o Use trees (although these have some work to do)
    o Embed an HSQLDB instance
    o Use Cayenne with Tapestry (particularly, the new XML import/export
    stuff I've been working on for Cayenne)
    o Use Jetty to start up a local servlet container

    And a nice assortment of other things I've picked up here (using the
    t-deli collectpages task, using friendly urls, using delegates to
    generate meta tags).

    Anyway, for those interested, you can check it out at
    http://www.negativetwenty.net/projects/bookmarker/. There's still a
    fair amount of work to do, especially interface-wise, since I'm not
    much of an artist. But it works pretty well and the code is available
    for any to look at (I've tried hard to keep it pretty
    well-documented) and use.

    --
    Kevin