Re: Newbie: connected user

From: Koka (22605..mail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 05:51:36 EST

    Hi,

    Well I read somewhere that I'll find a friendly user-community here.
    Nice to see that it's indeed the case :)

    > Is this really a question about JDBC connection - could you confirm
    > that this is what you want? I mean there is a reason why such pattern
    > is not used - web applications are multi-user by definition and having
    > a separate login id for JDBC connection per user rarely (if ever) makes
    > sense.

    I already have a large backend (and I'm going to redesign the front
    end using Tapestry/Cayenne or Tapestry/Hibernate - still undecided).
    Now, much of the security/permission/logging issues are handled at
    the backend level, so I need to have
    >a separate login id for JDBC connection per user rarely
     - i.e. only when the user is going to perform some specific tasks.

    Imho the only explanation that such 'named' connections are not
    favoured in persistence frameworks is that one can not use connection
    from the pool (thus affecting perfomance).

    Thanks for the link - it seems exactly what I need (is there any way
    to search mailing lists here?)

    Nicholoz Koka Kiknadze