[Fwd: Re: Cayenne, Tapestry, Tomcat plumbling]

From: Robert Zeigler (rdzeigl...arizona.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 18:24:02 EST

    Oops. Responded directly to Jin the first time; posting to the list "for
    the record".

    attached mail follows:

    ********
    > java.lang.ClassCastException
    > Stack Trace:
    ********
    this is the primary cause of the error.
    Take a look at ApplicationPage.java, line 28.
     From your original post, I see only one class cast going on, for visit.
    Q: Have you set your visit object class in the .application file?
    (WEB-INF/<yourappname>.application)
    You need to have something like the following in there:

        <property name="org.apache.tapestry.visit-class">
             java.class.path.VisitClassName
        </property>

    HTH,

    Robert