Re: Auto generated column, how to not insert null

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 18:04:28 EST

    Yeah, from what I've seen in the past there is no agreement on the
    default Reply-To policy...

    My reasoning for having it set to the list address is that sending
    replies to both sender and the list is unneeded, redundant and results
    in duplicates in my mailbox if someone hits "Reply All". Or worse - if
    someone hits "Reply" and forgets to replace the "To" address with the
    list address, message goes to me only, thus killing the list
    discussion. I do it myself all the time, besides I receive 5-10
    messages a month from cayenne-user when it wasn't a sender's intention
    to skip the list. So while we make "Reply All" less usable, "Reply"
    will become usable again, which is more important IMO.

    Andrus