OT: DB design

From: Elia Morling (elia.list..amiljen.se)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 03:21:11 EST

    What is your preferred implementation regarding OO approach to databses?
    I have inherited objects 10-20 that differ in 1-3 fields. As I see it there at least two approaches.
    Make a common table for the superclass and have a column called "attributes" that stores any uncommon fields as a string.
    I.e. "Height, 23, Width 11"
    Or make a unique table for each subclass.
    On the other hand does Cayenne support some type of inheritance?

    Thx
    Elia