Re: Cayenne: Is it thread safe as compared to EOF?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 18:00:15 EST

    Dov Rosenberg <dov.rosenber..onviveon.com> wrote:
    > How does cayenne compare to WebObject/EOF when it comes to multi-threaded
    > operations?

    For one thing, it will perform non-serialized database operations unlike
    WO5.0 and 5.1. I haven't upgraded to WO5.2 yet (on my todo list), but
    WO5.2 is supposed to also support non-serialized database operations.

    You can perform as many simultaneous connections as you have specified in
    the connectionPool max setting for your driver.

    I know Andrus recently (and often in the past) answered questions about
    thread safety issues. I recommend doing a search on the cayenne home page
    for "thread safe" and "thread-safe"

    Here's a couple, but you can find more.

    http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-user/2004/12/0104.html
    http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-user/2004/04/0006.html