The life of a DataObject

From: Fredrik Liden (flide..ranslate.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 21:46:27 EST

    When creating a Web application.

    Can I fetch a dataObject to view it on a view page.
    Then modify the contents of this dataObject (without comminging) over
    serveral requests cycles and then finally commit the changes.

    In other words, can I store the dataObject in the session so I don't
    have to fetch again for every trip to the server during some updates, or
    do I have to fetch it every time a request is processed? How long can a
    dataObject stay active before I can no longer commit it? Do I need some
    buffer object like a VO object or JavaBean?

    Are there any guidelines for a good design?

    Thanks

    /Fredrik