Re: cayenne.xml not found - completely at a loss here...

From: tnaki..ofthome.net
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 09:55:57 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Aside from following deployment instructions for web applications
    > (e.g. http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/deploy/
    > webapplicationlistener.html), you can try one more location:
    >
    > [myproject]/context/WEB-INF/classes

    Forgot to mention, I tried that one too: that's what makes the problem
    hard: basically, I placed copies in every subdirectory of [myproject]
    and got no results. Shouldn't there be a way to specify a path to the
    cayenne project files?

    This is going to be a mile off-topic and probably a beginner giveaway,
    but from what I can tell, I'm missing the complete javax.servlet package
    which makes the webapplicationlistener instructions rather hard to
    follow. Is the servlet package part of J2SE or do I need to get J2EE?

    I appologize for wandering off-topic, but I'm wrestling with Java,
    Eclipse, tomcat, sysdao, tapestry, spindle AND cayenne at the same time
    (a novice user with everything listed) so it's a bit hard for me to
    separate concerns.