query-attributes?

From: Robert Zeigler (rdzeigl...arizona.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 22:53:41 EST

    Is it possible to define a query which is then used
    as the basis for an attribute or relationship of an object?
    Basically, the situation is that I have table A with a field "ID".
    Table B has a field for tableAID, and are "children objects". However,
    I want to define a relationship that only grabs a subset of the children
    objects (ie, all of table b objects which have tableAID = table A.ID
    which also satisfy some other criteria). Is this possible? I know I
    could define a java method, getSubsetOfChildren or some such where I
    either do an in-memory filter of the child objects or else where I just
    run a named query and return the resulting objects. I was just curious
    if there was a way to map this directly. Thanks in advance!

    Robert