Serialization questions

From: Michael Engelhart (moosebrookfar..mail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 11:41:26 EST

    Hi -

    I just ported my Hibernate based JBoss application to use Cayenne and
    am finding some strange problems which I think are due to
    serialization issues. I am using Message Driven Beans to request
    multiple database lookups per request. MDB's serialize the
    request/response and then deserialize to get the data out. This
    worked fine with Hibernate.
    With Cayenne, the data is fine before the data is serialized and
    stuffed into the response but when I log the returned ArrayList from
    the MDB, all the values are null except for the objectId.

    I can't easily follow what's going on with CayenneDataObject classes
    as they implement DataObject which is a superclass of
    java.io.Serializable, java.io.Serializable and XMLSerializable.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Mike