Re: open cayenne project error

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 09:54:14 EST

    Hi Tomislav,

    could you submit a bug via JIRA, attaching relevant parts of your mapping?
    And (just in case) - your manual syntax that works.

    > From what I could tell, it could be done fairly easily in
    > /src/cayenne/org/objectstyle/cayenne/access/trans/SelectTranslator.java,
    > but I couldn't say exactly where without setting up a cayenne project
    > and running through the code.

    Correct, at the end you'll need to change SelectTranslator. If you can't
    wait till we fix it, you can patch it via a custom DbAdapter (subclassing
    the one you are using right now). DbAdapter allows you to redefine query
    translator in "getQueryTranslator(Query)" method.

    > Is this one of the problems corrected in v.1.1.1? Judging by the list of
    > resolved issues on
    > http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/2005/03/13/, it doesn't
    > look like it's been adressed: the closest related problem was escaping
    > strings in the modeler, and that doesn't sound like it.

    You are right - modeler fix for national characters support is only
    available in 1.2. I opened a new issue to backport it to the next
    maintenance release.

    http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-288

    Andrus