Re: open cayenne project error

From: Tomislav (tnaki..ofthome.net)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 11:22:22 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    >Hi Tomislav,
    >
    >could you submit a bug via JIRA, attaching relevant parts of your mapping?
    >And (just in case) - your manual syntax that works.

    I just submitted what I could. Can't do as much as I would like to: I've
    already modified my table attributes to a [a..z_0..9]* pattern because I
    need a prototype application ASAP so recreating the error would require
    a couple more db-mapping-testing cycles. Anyway, I explained as best as
    I could: hope it's enough.

    >> From what I could tell, it could be done fairly easily in
    >>/src/cayenne/org/objectstyle/cayenne/access/trans/SelectTranslator.java,
    >> but I couldn't say exactly where without setting up a cayenne project
    >>and running through the code.
    >>
    >Correct, at the end you'll need to change SelectTranslator. If you can't
    >wait till we fix it, you can patch it via a custom DbAdapter (subclassing
    >the one you are using right now). DbAdapter allows you to redefine query
    >translator in "getQueryTranslator(Query)" method.

    Thanks for the tip: I might have tried it if I hadn't already resolved
    the issue (on this project, at least).

    Tomislav