Re: orderby on tomany relation

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 10:08:06 EST

    > Hi all,
    >
    > is there a way to define a default ordering
    > for a relation?
    >
    > Thanx
    > --- Juergen ---

    This feature has been discussed since before the first Alpha of Cayenne
    1.0... Unfortunately it was dropped back then due to the problems in
    maintaining correct ordering on objects addition/removal. Still IMO we
    should support it for DB selects, but leave it up to the user to keep the
    list sorted after that...

    Anyway for now I suggest creating cover methods that do in memory sort.
    See this recent thread that discussed it:

    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-user/2005/03/0166.html

    Andrus