Re: cannot obtain connection

From: Bryan Lewis (brya..aine.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 14:40:08 EDT

    The connections are pooled and reused. A new one is created only when
    needed, and only when all the previously created connections are in use for
    simultaneously running queries. When a new one is created, you'll see
    something like this in the log:

        [QueryLogger] () Opening connection: jdbc:oracle:oci8..atabasename
        Login: accountname
        Password: *******

    It would be quite unlikely that more than a small fraction of the user
    sessions will be running queries at the same time, unless your application
    is doing something unusual like running queries continuously in the
    background. We've been running an internal application with a load of about
    20 users for over a year, and we've never needed more than 2 connections.