Re: postgresql - the sequel

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 20:06:13 EDT

    I agree with Kevin - if you are designing a database from scratch,
    going with an "all upper or all lower case with underscores" naming
    convention for database tables is the least common denominator that is
    portable across databases, supported by the Modeler on import and
    finally, won't scare your DBA who maybe used to her database
    case-INsensitivity.

    In my mind there is only one reason to support what Tomislav suggested
    - compatibility with all possible existing schemas. So I am for having
    a pluggable (optional) DB name quoting policy. This will be a low
    priority feature to me personally, but if somebody contributes it to
    us, I don't see why we shouldn't support it.

    Andrus