Re: log4j/jetty5 issues

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 20 2005 - 14:13:15 EDT

    I've had a few similar problems with this, almost always caused by 2
    different commons-logging jars being on the classpath. However, I have
    not had this problem with Jetty... I have commons-logging 1.0.3 and
    log4j 1.2.8 running on my classpath (and cayenne-nodeps.jar of course)
    and Jetty starts up fine. I am embedding jetty in my application, as
    opposed to starting jetty externally, so the difference could be in
    the way jetty bootstraps, I suppose..

    I haven't spent much time using Tapestry. Does it include its own
    commons-logging? That may be where the conflict is coming from.

    Cris