Re: Null Pointer error

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 11:02:06 EDT

    Sami Mohammed <SMOHAMME..ndependenthealth.com> wrote:
    > I am gettting a null pointer error even after entering the values.
    > i have a loging page when i first login with correct user name and
    password, it goes successfully , right afte i logout , by
    session.removeAttribut("user");
    > then i again i try to login then i getting the null pointer exception.
    >
    > see the stack trace below:
    >
    > pls let whats wrong, it was working fine till yesterday,but today i
    uninstall the IBM WSAD 5.1.0 and installed IBM WSAD 5.1.2.

    > java.lang.NullPointerException at
    oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBData.clearItem(DBData.java:431) at
    oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBDataSetImpl.clearItem(DBDataSetImpl..java:3528) at
    oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.clearParameters(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3401)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcConnection.resetStatement(WSJdbcConnection.java:1762)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcConnection.prepareStatement(WSJdbcConnection.java:1458)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcConnection.prepareStatement(WSJdbcConnection.java:1424)
    at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataNode.runBatchUpdateAsBatch(DataNode.java:523)
    at

    Make sure you're using the correct and most up-to-date oracle driver.
    The crash is happening in your oracle driver, so it's unlikely to be a
    cayenne problem.
    Since the only thing that changed was your development environment, again,
    it's probably the driver that changed rather than cayenne.