Re: Null Pointer error

From: Sami Mohammed (SMOHAMME..ndependenthealth.com)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 11:38:46 EDT

    Hi Kienenb,

    i deployed same EAR file in weblogic, its working fine, but with wsad 5.1.2 give me error, i will looking in the confirguration and oracle driver.

    I have another issue, i am getting this type of warning in weblogic server 8.1, see warning below.

    Warning JDBC
    A JDBC pool connection leak was detected. A connection leak occurs
    when a connection obtained from the pool was not clos ed explicitly by calling close() .

    sometime i am get error something like SQLException ....... error socket write ........... somthing like this, right now i dont have stack trace.

    Thanks
    sami

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential information which is privileged and protected from disclosure by Federal and State
    confidentiality laws rules and regulations. This e-mail and attachments, if any, are intended for the designated addressee only. If you are not the designated addressee, you
    are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, may be unlawful and may subject you to legal consequences. If you
    have received this e-mail and attachments in error, please contact Independent Health immediately at (716) 631-3001 and delete the e-mail and its attachments from your
    computer. Thank you for your attention

    >>> mkienen..laska.net 04/22/05 11:02AM >>>
    Sami Mohammed <SMOHAMME..ndependenthealth.com> wrote:
    > I am gettting a null pointer error even after entering the values.
    > i have a loging page when i first login with correct user name and
    password, it goes successfully , right afte i logout , by
    session.removeAttribut("user");
    > then i again i try to login then i getting the null pointer exception.
    >
    > see the stack trace below:
    >
    > pls let whats wrong, it was working fine till yesterday,but today i
    uninstall the IBM WSAD 5.1.0 and installed IBM WSAD 5.1.2.

    > java.lang.NullPointerException at
    oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBData.clearItem(DBData.java:431) at
    oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBDataSetImpl.clearItem(DBDataSetImpl..java:3528) at
    oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.clearParameters(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3401)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcConnection.resetStatement(WSJdbcConnection.java:1762)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcConnection.prepareStatement(WSJdbcConnection.java:1458)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcConnection.prepareStatement(WSJdbcConnection.java:1424)
    at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataNode.runBatchUpdateAsBatch(DataNode.java:523)
    at

    Make sure you're using the correct and most up-to-date oracle driver.
    The crash is happening in your oracle driver, so it's unlikely to be a
    cayenne problem.
    Since the only thing that changed was your development environment, again,
    it's probably the driver that changed rather than cayenne.