Re: <cgen> Ant task and makepairs attribute

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 12:53:21 EDT

    Erik Hatcher <eri..hatchersolutions.com> wrote:
    > Cool. An Ant way to do that filename mapping is using the <mapper>
    > type:
    > http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/mapper.html

    Thanks. That's the sort of thing I need pointed out to me.
    Looks good!

    > Ewww.... sorry to hear about the JSF pain. Join us in Tapestry Land -
    > we're happy!

    Yeah, When my last project switched away from WebObjects, I advocated
    Tapestry. I ended up with Struts.
    JSF is a big step up from Struts, but Tapestry still isn't a possibility
    yet.

    > > One of the other things I'll be adding is the ability to specify a
    > > Velocity-tools-style toolbox.xml file to add helper classes into the
    > > template context.
    >
    > On this front, I recommend having a look at VPP. It is incredibly well
    > done wrapper around Velocity. I like how the VelocityEngine is
    > configurable through it. See the "manual" page for details.
    > http://vpp.sourceforge.net/

    Thanks. That might eliminate the need for the cgen task. It will at least
    greatly simplify it. I'll have to look at it in more detail.

    > All I can think of now is the ability to turn off subclass generation
    > without the combining that makepairs="true" does.

    Makepairs chooses which (and how many) templates to use.
    I think you could use makepairs=false and template=dotemplates/superclass.vm
    (instead of singleclass.vm) to accomplish this.

    -Mike