Need help with getting long strings

From: Dhruti Ramani (dhrutiraman..ahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 12:35:13 EDT

    Hi,

    I think i have posted this question before but I missed the answer.

    i am using postgres as database. One of my field (java String) has to be really long so user can store as much as they want. And I don't know the limit. Is it possible to do this in cayenne modeler? Right now I have that field as VARCHAR but in that I have to define max. no. of characters.

    Any comments?

    Denna

    http://mail.yahoo.com