Re: Compound expressions Problem and solution

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 10:49:30 EDT

    > "In Cayenne 1.1, spanning transactions across multiple web requests is not
    > recommended. At the very least, you should provide some sort of logging
    > whenever this happens."
    >
    > Why is it not recommended?
    >
    > Andrus

    I added this after several recent discussions on cayenne-user and
    cayenne-devel lately about the problems with doing this - weird
    serialization issues, the fact that the user may stop in mid-request
    and move to something else, causing a broken commit, etc.

    The general consensus seemed to be that isn't a good idea, which is
    why we're adding child DataContexts. I can take out the note if you
    disagree with that assessment though (or at the very least, say
    something less definitive like 'you may not want to')...

    Cris