standalone application

From: Jensen, James B (james.b.jense..ffice.xerox.com)
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 12:58:34 EDT

    I am just starting to try cayenne. Forgive me if this is silly, I looked at
    the archives but couldn't quite find what I was looking for.

    Instead of connecting to a server, I am using standalone hsqldb database
    instances. From what I understand of cayenne, all of the database config is
    loaded out of the xml file when the application is first started. If ,
    after the application is already running, I want to connect to a different
    instance that was not previously defined, is there a way to obtain a
    DataContext via API calls or other?

    James