Using other DataDomains in an application

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobrya..ac.com)
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 11:55:06 EDT

    I'm creating a small Swing-based server/client application that is
    relatively self-contained. However, it will require a login and I'd
    like to use the login mechanisms I already wrote for a much larger
    web application that is running on the same server.

    Is there an easy way to include just the stuff I want from the other
    database (basically just the User object) without including all the
    other classes and datamaps and extraneous stuff I don't need? If not,
    am I better off just writing vanilla JDBC to grab the little bit I
    need to do login or is there some other way to deal with this problem?

    BTW, is this the kind of stuff that nested data domains will handle
    (I've not paid much attention to what exactly nested data domains
    are.) or is there something else that will make modularization easier
    so I can grab just what I need from various databases on the server?

    Thanks,
    Todd