Re: i18n

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 11:00:18 EDT

    On Jun 23, 2005, at 10:51 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > How? I have a few ideas, but I don't have a coherent solution yet
    > and would like to hear other people's experiences.

    Forgot to mention ... One idea is to use "wide" tables with each
    i18ned column "multiplied" for each supported Locale. E.g. you'd have
    my_table.name, my_table.name_de, my_table.name_fr and so on.

    Then you can deploy your application using multiple Cayenne
    DataDomains, one domain per supported Locale. All domains will have
    the same exact object model, but mapped differently to a database
    layer. So a "name" Java object property will be mapped to different
    column in each domain. This scenario would lock a user to a
    particular Locale on the session creation by making a DataContext
    with a Locale specific DataDomain.

    And then you can have an admin application that has same entities
    mapped with all i18ned columns included, so that administrator could
    enter data in multiple languages.

    Andrus