Re: i18n

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 09:13:47 EDT

    On Jun 23, 2005, at 11:00 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Then you can deploy your application using multiple Cayenne
    > DataDomains, one domain per supported Locale. All domains will have
    > the same exact object model, but mapped differently to a database
    > layer. So a "name" Java object property will be mapped to different
    > column in each domain. This scenario would lock a user to a
    > particular Locale on the session creation by making a DataContext
    > with a Locale specific DataDomain.

    Interesting idea. This was more of what I was getting at with my
    original question too. In this case however, how would one specify a
    default in the event that some content was not translated? Is there
    a way to configure it to fallback to the default table if the locale-
    specific one doesn't have any content? I'd imagine this goes beyond
    the role of Cayenne, but it is it straightforward to coerce Cayenne
    into doing such?

    Thanks,
    Kevin