Re: Sorting Relationships

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 10:56:50 EDT

    Michael Gentry (Yes, I'm a Contractor) wrote:
    > I agree. It's usually not too much trouble to wrap the relationship if
    > really needed to sort it -- or just fetch them in the order you need. If

    Unfortunatley that breaks the idea of not having to explicitly fetch
    relationships.

    > the destination is a GUI, I'd argue the GUI should be responsible for
    > sorting and not Cayenne. The presentation of data probably shouldn't be
    > handled by the model. :-)

    No, but a significant number of things are inherently ordered according to
    some kind of use case model and not capturing that in the O/R Model is Not
    Good. Like I said the more you think about this the more complicated (and
    contradictory) things get.

    -h