Subclassing a DataObject

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 15:04:21 EDT

    Yet another for the experts out there :-)

    I have a DataObject. I'd like to subclass it for a test class I'm
    writing. The subclass is quite trivial -- it simply has a static var
    that it increments so I can encapsulate feeding unique values to the
    DataObject. So, the subclass really only overrides the DataObject's
    constructors, passing up some unique values. I guess what it's
    doing is irrelevant -- it's just sufficient to know it's not mucking
    with the DB.

    Cayenne doesn't seem to like trying to commit this DO, since the
    subclass isn't registered in the mapping file. Is there any way
    around this, other than restructure my tests? It would seem as
    though if the subclass were not trying to persist any additional
    information, that Cayenne should be happy. Or does this all fall
    under the VI work that Mike has been doing?

    Thanks,
    Kevin