Empty Constructor

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 14:56:32 EDT

    If you haven't guessed by now, I'm trying to integrate Cayenne into a
    new project here, thus all the questions ;-)

    I have a DataObject with some fields that I would like to be not
    null. Typically, for such things, I'd force them to be passed into
    the constructor to strengthen this commitment. So, I naively set
    about doing that with my DataObject. Alas, it appears an accessible
    empty constructor is necessary for retrieving things from the DB. Is
    this in fact the case? I'd rather not have people instantiating the
    no-arg constructor . . .

    --
    Kevin