Re: Interesting Tomcat (et al) Issue ...

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 16:57:27 EDT

    "Gentry, Michael (Contractor)" <michael_gentr..anniemae.com> wrote:
    > Well ...
    >
    > cayenne.xml #1: 6 Domains, Sybase
    > cayenne.xml #2: 1 Domain, PostgreSQL
    >
    > They are completely unrelated. There are three (at the moment) Tapestry
    > apps I have under development. Two of them use #1, one of them uses #2.
    > Both are in the CLASSPATH, but #1 shows up first, and that is the only
    > one visible to all three apps, so the third app cannot use the DB unless
    > I shut down the other two and remove the projects (which would be rather
    > inconvenient).

    Yes, I was proposing

    cayenne.xml #3: 7 Domains, Sybase and PostgreSQL

    Or if it's just a matter of classpaths, put the files in separate locations
    for each app.

        public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent event)
        {
            DefaultConfiguration conf = new DefaultConfiguration();
            conf.addClassPath("path/to/your/cayenne/config");
            Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration(conf);
        }