Re: Interesting Tomcat (et al) Issue ...

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 01:43:58 EDT

    I agree with Joshua - web container application ClassLoaders already
    provide a solution to the original problem of deploying multiple apps
    (not sure how well it plays with Eclipse Sysdeo plugin as I mostly
    use Jetty/JettyLauncher)..

    However allowing to save cayenne.xml under some other name is useful
    functionality in general, and besides it is very easy to implement.
    +1 for this feature.

    Also I guess if you load multiple configurations in the same
    ClassLoader space, you should avoid setting singleton shared
    Configuration the way Cayenne does by default. Instead you may have
    to manage Configuration instances yourself at the application level
    (e.g. set it as a Tapestry "global").

    Andrus