Handling Unique Constraint Violations

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 11:24:58 EDT

    Hey all,

    What's the Cayenne best practice for handling unique constraint
    violations. I can see value in doing an explicit check before
    inserting a new row, but I can also see the drawback there (two
    places now need to know about this unique constraint). So, I'm
    thinking that going ahead with the commit and catching the exception
    might be cool, but it also seems to have some drawbacks.

    How are you guys doing it?

    Thanks,
    Kevin