RE: Setting defalu values

From: Dhruti Ramani (dhrutiraman..ahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 14:00:57 EDT

    ohh ya i am doing that in source code. I was thinking if we have a way to do that in modeler then we dont have to do in source code for each field.

    Thanks any ways,
    Denna

    "Gentry, Michael (Contractor)" <michael_gentr..anniemae.com> wrote:
    Not in the modeler, you have to do it in the source code. Look at:

    http://www.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/Setting+Initial+Values

    for information on how to do this (although it sounds like you are already doing it).

    /dev/mrg

    PS. Some databases allow you to specify default values for columns inserted with a NULL value. I would advise not using a feature like that since the database values would then be out-of-sync with the Cayenne values.