Re: Feedback on SQLTemplate scripting

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Aug 28 2005 - 16:08:41 EDT

    The goal of SQLTemplate scripting is not a new SQL dialect, but an
    ability to create dynamic queries in the target SQL dialect of a
    given DB. There is no point to provide a Cayenne analog.

    There is a separate place for db-independent expressions - Cayenne
    Expression API ("exp" package). It is true that SQLTemplate presence
    made expanding current Expression API to more advanced cases a much
    much lower priority, but what you asking for (if I understand what
    HQL does... never used Hibernate) definitely belongs there and has
    little to do with SQLTemplate.

    Andrus