Re: Maximum cache size?

From: Gili (cowwo..bs.darktech.org)
Date: Sun Aug 28 2005 - 12:26:34 EDT

            How easy would it be to implement DataObject.getSize() which returns
    the size of the DataObject in bytes? Once we implement that it should be
    extremely easy to add support for max cache size in terms of bytes as
    well as max cache time (maximum time a value is cached, regardless of
    when it was last accessed) and max idle time (maximum time a value is
    cached depending on when it was last accessed).

            See http://www.vipan.com/htdocs/cachehelp.html for an example of how
    they implemented TTL. Also, as of JDK 1.4 LinkedHashMap provides LRU
    support so depending or not on whether Cayenne requires JDK 1.4 we can
    drop the apache version in favor of this more standard one.

            So how hard would be it be to implement DataObject.getSize()? :)

    Thanks,
    Gili

    --
    http://www.desktopbeautifier.com/